Rise Up Project was an initiative that provided essential job skills to help enter and advance in the workplace.
Coaching sessions were provided free-of-charge.
Coaches and mentors from various industries work in a virtual classroom setting to cover these topics:
- Resume and Cover Letter Review
- Fundamental or Key tips on resume building and cover letter drafting
- Coaches review participant’s current resumes and provide feedback
- Interviewing and Job Searching Skills
- Fundamental or Key tips on interviewing
- Introductory information on how to conduct a job search
- Practice interviewing skills through role playing
- LinkedIn Setup and Networking
- Fundamental or Key tips on setting up a LinkedIn account and how to’s for overall networking
- Coaches review participant’s LinkedIn profile and provide feedback
- Coaches demonstrate additional ways to use LinkedIn for job searching and networking
- Writing Professional Emails
- Fundamental or Key tips on how to convey messages in a concise manner following email etiquette standards
The bootcamp was ideal for those entering the job force or looking to move beyond entry level positions.
This Rise Up Project, although designed to lift those that were under-resourced in their socio-economic environment, was open to anyone.
Requirements to participate
Participants needed access to a webcam enabled computer and internet access on their own.
All training sessions were provided free of charge.
Job Market Potential
Resumes and profiles of Rise Up Alumni (past students) were made available to companies in search of viable candidates.